? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, April 3, 2009

Princess stickers

Overnight sesh coming up! Wow, I can't believe it's tomorrow....wow, I can't believe that tomorrow a month from now, I'll be on my way to Thailand!
As anticipation grows, I get the feeling that this trip is going to break my heart, in a way much more deep than how I have often been broken. The thought of saying goodbye to those girls, makes me think there will be many, many tears.

One of the things we will be doing with the girls is teaching them to make jewelery - something they can sell, instead of themselves. From what I understand, we may end up doing presentations in some schools, and aswell with the church we'll be working with. So, many games and ideas need to be collected so that we have a bank full of ideas when we get there.

Myself, I'm going to bring stickers. I saw a box of Disney princess stickers at the dollar store a short time ago, and that's what I plan on getting. It seems fitting, as the thing that first broke my heart was hearing a story about a man eating sundaes and watching all the Disney movies he could find with three girls who had approached him for sex. I was struck by their loss of innocence - they didn't even know what it was like to be truly delighted in, they do not know what absolute treasures they are.
And so, there's some kind of special significance in the thought of princess stickers, as silly as it may be. I know that Christ looks at them as radiant princesses, and I know that he is here to rescue them. And that is not silly at all.

Anyway, kids like stickers, and I want to them to get to smile. From my experience, kids just light up when they are given little things like that. And older women, they light up when they are given fine jewelery. Of all these embellishments, oh I pray that we might see them radiating in the adornments of Christ!

If you have any game ideas, gift ideas, or general thoughts, please do let me know!

Please pray for:
-the boys on our team, when we're in Thailand, they are going to have women coming up to them, asking to have sex. Oh pray for their dear hearts.
-funds to come in.
-the hearts of the girls in Thailand.
-a holy discontent.
-that the team would become a family.

So much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment