? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 4.


Mm, thank You for this mornings devotion - the topic of love and faithfulness.

Stories of faithfulness:

You have rescued me.

I needed a 300 dollar downpayment in the short span of one week, in order to go on this trip. The night I found out, I came home and around 1 am, sent out a few messages about the trip, asking for support. The next morning as I chatted with a dear friend, she told me that she would like to give me 100 dollars.
Afternoon hit, and I received an email from a young lady explaining that she'd been given 100 dollars to bless someone with, and she'd like it to go toward my trip.
By the time evening rolled around, my mum walked in the door, telling me she'd a 100 dollar cheque from a text book deposit that I could have.
100, 100, 100. Before night fell, my downpayment was covered!

During a sharing sesh, my sick roomie told us of how she'd woken up in the middle of the night, and couldn't fall asleep for another 5 hours. So she spent that time with God. As she spoke, she explained to us what a blessing it had been, how it made her dependant on Him.
If you recall, my prayers for a struggle for dependance...they were being answered!

This evening I felt like poo, like utter poo.
Walking home from lunch in the afternoon, my eyes had been burning, I was naseous, my throat had that awful sensation that comes after you've thrown up, and my heart was aching. I went directly to bed, and 4 hours later waking up, I feel all of those same things.
It's time to go to the Burmese cell group, and I will go. I am determined, this sickness will not get the better of me.

We load into the van, and I have to hold my head out the window - the smell of the food in the front makes me worry that I might throw up.
I flop around, unable to hold up my own head, and I cry silently. For some reason, these words repeat in my heart as I struggle:
"Down by the water I'll build
an alter to praise him
out of the stones that I've found here
I'll lay them down here
rough as they are

knowing you can make them holy."

My friend Jon is sitting in the back with me, and asks if we can pray.
So, Jon and I pray, and then I continue to lean against the window, hoping for cool air, hot tears streaking my cheeks.

The ride is over, and we're climbing out of the van at the Burmese camp. My feet hit the ground, and suddenly I am alive! Chipper, and full of joy in my heart! My body no longer aches, and neither my heart. I eat the meal we carried in the car, the one I thought might cause an expulsion of my stomach fluids - ironically, the most delicious meal of the entire trip!

Speaking of food, one of the girls from our team had been doing dentistry at the camp all day, and hadn't gotten to eat. When she sat down and allowed the first bit to delight her pallete, she began to cry with appreciative joy!
I thought that was absolutely beautiful.

I want to sing hymns.

No comments:

Post a Comment